Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Think We Had The Swine Flu

Yep, the dreaded Swine Flu aka H1N1.

My whole family started getting sick while we were driving home from Washington. Right when we hit Las Vegas Talia got sick. It wasn't fun, but it was so mild that I thought she was teething.

When we got home I got sick. I thought I had two flus at once. I had one day where I stayed in bed with a fever. That's it, one day. I was miserable for that one day - but not sick enough to go to a doctor.

One by one the rest of the Manes crew came down with this weird double flu. No one was in bed longer then two days.

I don't understand why people are panicking about this flu. It was milder then strep throat.

In case you do get the dreaded Swine Flu and want a natural remedy, check out this article http://livingclean.com/natural-treatments-for-swine-flu/

In my opinion the media likes to create exciting news and in doing so often times scares the poop out of people. Do not let the Swine Flu Pandemic cause you alarm:
A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν pan "all" + δῆμος demos "people") is an epidemic of infectious disease that is spreading through human populations across a large region.(Wikipedia)


A cold can become a pandemic if it spreads.

If you are a typical relatively healthy person then the Swine Flu is nothing more then any old flu - don't worry. I repeat STOP WORRYING!

2 comments:

Mom's Place said...

I'm telling you, all this hype over swine flu is so that the current government can drown out what is really going on that's big and we all would hate to see pass!

AndreaP said...

I think the new vaccine they have coming in October will kill more people than the actual virus will!!