Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reconnecting with old friends on FaceBook

I am amazed by how easy it is to reconnect with people from your past via FaceBook. I graduated from high school with 92 people, 52 of whom are now on FaceBook. One of my classmates formed a group with our high school name and graduation year and voila...instant reconnect. I find myself conversing with people that I haven't seen in *ahem, over 16 years. We can see eachother's families and keep abreast of what is going on in their lives with amazing ease. Who needs a high school reunion?


Through my former classmates, I've found two friends what moved away when we were in elementary. I've reconnected with them, and coincidentally I am going to be in Florida this weekend, just 30 miles from each of them. One friend I haven't seen since the 2nd grade and the other since 6th grade. the technology just blows me away.

Sending a BIG THANKS to the FaceBook creators for fostering long lost relationships.

No comments: