Monday, May 4, 2009

Chanda

One of my sisters, yes I have a group of friends that I consider sisters, lost her husband yesterday. He had an unexpected stroke and she lost him. Just like that, her world as she knew it drastically changed. I can't imagine what she is going through. She is strong and she is a survivor. She is having a party to celebrate her husband, a party! I know that people talk of having a party to celebrate the life of a loved one, but I've never known anyone who has done it before. Chanda is remarkable, she lost her soul mate and instead of spiraling into depression and hiding away, she is creating a send off that her children will remember fondly.

To My Beloved
By Celia Wenig

You had a talent for bringing special meaning to life,
It was such a pleasure to be your wife.
You helped me to grow and to realize
The fullness and the beauty in our lives.

Every day I counted my blessings.
Then God called, and you went away
Out of this world to a brighter day.
Suddenly my life of gladness
Turned to utter sadness.

My grief wears me down, I shed so many tears,
As I recall your love and devotion through the years.
For your sake and in memory of your name,
I pray for strength to do things the same.

To reach out, to fill the hours with useful ways,
To comfort, to cheer and have no more empty days.
I try to console myself -- it was God's greater plan,
So I must accept it, if I can.

You moved away to His splendid home above,
If there is life after death,
I know you will be waiting there for me,
With love.

Though Heaven and Earth divide us, and the distance is so great,
I count my blessings for the years you were my mate.
I will live my life remembering, while you wait, slumbering.
My beloved, may you rest in peace.

1 comment:

Guinea Pig said...

Yes. That is it. Yes. I will wait.